Find out what's happening near you!EventAware
Web futurist & Artificial Intelligence speaker
Our co-founder and technical director, Dr. John Flackett, has been presenting and talking at events for many years. With a background both teaching (he was a Senior University Lecturer in the UK) and practicing Software Engineering and Artificial Intelligence - plus achieving a PhD in Artificial Intelligence - John has earned the title of web futurist extraordinaire! As an expert in his field, John has run workshops and presented across the globe at events in the UK, Europe, Australia and USA speaking about Artificial Intelligence, Web Technologies, Future Jobs and the Future of the Web. If you would like John to talk at your next business event, convention or conference, please call us on +61 (0)8 8464 0787 or email us to make a booking.
Here are just a few of John's achievements...
- Emerging Tech Inspiration for 2017: Nominated by Dev Diner readers as an Emerging Tech Inspiration for 2017.
- Recent Media Interviews: The Advertiser: 'Artificial Intelligence potential, SA Business launch as part of Open State' and the nbn Australia: 'Adelaide is the smart city to watch'.
- International Speaker: Artificial Intelligence keynote speaker, presenter and panellist at events across the globe, as well as media interviews and running workshops in AI, future jobs and future technologies.
- Mentor: For individuals in the tech community and participants of state/community hackathons.
- Lead Developer: Application architect & developer of EventAware; an intelligent, online event aggregator software application developed as part of the Adelaide D3 challenge competition.
- Major Award Winner Unleashed Adelaide - GovHack National Event: Part of an award winning team that won South Australian 'Premiers Award' and won 'Peoples Choice' (Australia Wide). The application also won the 'Building on Science, Research and Environmental Data Award'.
- Academia: Senior University Lecturer in the UK: Teaching Masters level Artificial Intelligence, as well as Degree level Artificial Intelligence, Computer Studies and Software Engineering. Also a Cisco Java Instructor and Supervisor/Coordinator of students final year undergraduate and postgraduate projects, as well as Supervisor for the annual, end of year Technology Degree Show.
- Education: PhD in Artificial Intelligence: The dichotomy of scaled connectionist compositionality, PgC in Research and First Class Honours in Computer Studies.
- British Computer Society (BCS) Award Winner: Recipient of British Computer Society award for outstanding final year degree project.
For information on a selection of John's keynotes, talks, interviews and contributions, please see the list below for details.
"Thank you so much for sharing your knowledge and experience around Artificial Intelligence & Future Jobs with our Science, Technology and Maths teachers. Your presentation was not only informative but reassuring. It left us with many questions to consider – which is a good thing– including how we need to help prepare our young people for the unknown world of work in the future. Sometimes we get caught up in the content when we should equally be focusing on the skills needed. Your comment about the value of knowing how to research correctly really struck a cord... our young people do need to know how to find the correct, valid, current and relevant information they need when they need it. We're looking forward to hearing more from you in the future to help inform and shape the delivery of the STEM curriculum."
Sally Stewart – Senior Leader Career Development/VET/Senior School – Para Hills, South Australia
"I write on behalf of nbn co with a simple message of thanks for your keynote speaker role at the recent Unley Business Association and City of Unley Business Breakfast. The theme of “Artificial Intelligence and internet of the future” was overwhelming received with interest; though a shock to some when assessing the disruption and transitional impacts. nbn co, Council and the business community very much appreciated you volunteering your time, insights and passion. Your preparation, delivery tailored to the business audience, and your easy and engaging approach took us all on a journey that, for an early morning breakfast forum, was both entertaining and insightful. The value-added from a comprehensive understanding of digital marketing, website development and big data management was of particular value too. I’d not hesitate in seeking your services again, and would recommend you to anyone who asks – or doesn’t. I look forward working with you and koolth again in the future."
Chris Gregory – Senior Community Affairs Manager VIC/TAS/SA at nbn co – Adelaide, South Australia
“John shared his knowledge with our Polaris Centre clients when he keynoted our event Digital Horizons: the Future of Retail Online. His eloquent and thought provoking talk was very well received by the large audience and his slides were simple, effective and beautiful. I would absolutely recommend John to keynote your event, particularly if talking about Artificial Intelligence, Data (Big or Small) or anything web and IT related. Thanks John.”
Rhys Moult – Digital Business Advisor at Polaris Business & Innovation Centre – Salisbury, South Australia
Simulated Business Fair: TAFE SA, Adelaide, South Australia
"The Future of Retail Online"
Digital Horizons Event: Polaris Innovation Centre, South Australia
"Future of e-Commerce & Online Shopping Platforms"
Digital Avenues Hangout: Online in Adelaide, South Australia
"Recursive Structures & Learning Machines"
Computer Science Seminar: The University of Adelaide, South Australia
"Scaling Compositional Connectionism"
Natural Language Processing Group: University of Sheffield, UK
"Scaling Connectionist Compositional Representations"
AAAI Conference: Washington DC, USA
"Connectionist/Symbolic Engine for Cognitive Tasks"
ECOOP Workshop: Lisbon, Portugal
"Process miniatures as a teaching aid"
Java in the Computing Curriculum: London Met University, London
"The Essence of Neural Networks"
by Rob Callan: Prentice Hall, UK
"Artificial Super Intelligence"
Interview with Caitlin Gardner. Published on DevDiner.com
Invited Speaker & Workshop
"Choosing the right direction for your business website"
Business Technology Mini Conference: Polaris Innovation Centre, South Australia
"Artificial Intelligence & The Future of the Internet"
City of Unley Business Breakfast: 181 Unley Road, Unley, South Australia
"Adelaide is the smart city to watch"
Interview with Jill Bottrall for NBN Australia. Published on nbnco.com.au/blog
"The Future of Work in Smart Cities"
Adelaide Smart City Studio Breakfast: Adelaide, South Australia
"GovHack Connections Adelaide"
Bradley Forum, UniSA City West Campus, North Terrace, Adelaide
"Artificial intelligence potential, SA business launch part of Open State"
Interview with The Advertiser. Published https://goo.gl/52kHts
"Artificial Intelligence & Future Jobs"
Southampton Solent University & The British Computer Society (BCS): Southampton, UK
koolth are specialists in all things web and we are passionate about what we do. We empower our clients with next generation online tools and love working closely with our clients to achieve their digital dreams!
koolth are proud to be sponsoring the Techfugees Hackathon Adelaide and will providing a prize, as well as mentoring teams throughout the weekend....
Find out what's happening near you!EventAware
Working with John and Emma from koolth was an absolute delight. From beginning to end they were professional, attentive and made the process as easy as possible.